Accessibility Pragser Wildsee Lake
To Pragser Wildsee Lake
Lago di Braies (Pragser Wildsee) Lake is situated in the middle of Fanes-Senes-Braies (Fannes-Sennes-Prague) Nature Park. Nestled into a wild and romantic rocky valley basin and dominated by the majestic Croda del Becco (Seekofel) Peak, this is the most beautiful lake in the Dolomites. An easy trail encircles the lake; the loop takes about 90 minutes to walk. On the right side, this circuit trail passes a small chapel in the muted shade of spruce, larch and pine trees. The eastern part of the trail goes over steps. Croda del Becco Peak is beautifully reflected in the lake. Lago di Braies is known as the Pearl of the Dolomite Lakes.
Attention: From 11/09/2020 the traffic regulations are no longer in place, the Pragser Wildsee Lake can be visited at any time
For me. For you. For us.
A mask or comparable mouth and nose cover must be worn at the Pragser Wildsee Lake. It is recommended to walk around the lake counterclockwise.
Pre-book and enjoy advantagesWith an online ticket you reach your destination without joining the queues and without access problems. Simply pre-book the car park or a table in your favorite restaurant in Pragser Tal Valley.
Secure your car park (P3) at Pragser Wildsee Lake and reach the beautiful Dolomites lake directly and without long queues. Click “to booking” now to book your car park and enjoy a clear journey.
Online Booking only for cars.
Note: Tickets are valid after 10 minutes!
Simply book online and enjoy, reserve your table in your favorite restaurant. A deposit of €20.00 is requested. This will be deducted from your restaurant bill.
We hope you will enjoy your meal and the restaurants in Pragser Tal Valley!
Choose a restaurant
Gasthof HuberBraies di Dentro 6 - 39030 Braies
+39 0474 748670
Gasthof DolomitenBraies di Dentro 39 - 39030 Braies
+39 0474 748677
Gasthof TuscherhofBraies di Fuori 72 - 39030 Braies
+39 0474 748628
MoserhofBraies di Dentro 31 - 39030 Braies
+39 0474 748653
Hotel Lago di BraiesS. Vito 27 - 39030 Braies
+39 0474 748602
Hotel Lago di Braies
A parking space at Pragser Wildsee Lake is not included.
Gasthof SteinerhofSan Vito 29 - 39030 Braies
+39 0474 748649
MösslhofBraies di Dentro 15 - 39030 Braies
+39 0474 748671
Hotel BrückeleBraies di Fuori 4 - 39030 Braies
+39 0474 748613
FAQ Pragser Wildsee Lake
What you should know
Note: The Christmas market at Pragser Wildsee Lake will not be held this year.
MOBILCARDS, prepaid cards and guest cards (e.g., the HolidayPass or Almencard) are valid on this route.
Please note that parking spaces are limited. All car parks are pay-and-display.
The bus route 442 serves the Pragser Wildsee lake from Dobbiaco / Villabassa.
MOBILCARDS, prepaid cards and guest cards (e.g., the HolidayPass or Almencard) are valid on this route. A reservation is not required.
App "Südtirol2Go" - timetable information
Walking through Pragser Tal Valley
Discover Pragser Tal Valley and its adventure tops by the gentle way: on foot! Interesting walks and education trails offer exciting tours for the whole family.
Advantages for you:
1) Wonderful landscape
2) Plenty of fun and good for you and for the environment
To Pragser Wildsee Lake
From Segheria parking lot in Schmieden in Pragser Tal Valley to Pragser Wildsee Lake:
The Viktor Wolf Edler von Glanvell trail runs from Segheria in Schmieden in Pragser Tal Valley to Pragser Wildsee Lake. Viktor Wolf Edler von Glanvell was a pioneering alpine climber and developer of the Braies Dolomites. Information boards along this themed walk talk of his life and work. This trail can be walked in winter.
This easy walk is also suitable for families and older people.
4.8 km | approx. 1.5 hours | 270 meters elevation gain
From Villabassa to Pragser Wildsee Lake:
From Villabassa railway station path No. 1 runs past farms and on to Schmieden in Pragser Tal Valley. From there, the walk continues on path No. 1, the Viktor Wolf Edler von Glanvell themed walk, on to Pragser Wildsee Lake. Along the route information boards talk about the life and work of this pioneering alpine climber and important developer of the Braies Dolomites. This trail can be walked in winter.
11 km | approx. 3 hours | 215 meters elevation gain
On your bike through Pragser Tal Valley
Three birds with one stone: Sightseeing, activity, fun! Discover Pragser Tal Valley and its adventure tops by bike. Your legs pedal, your eyes marvel and your heart jumps for joy.
Advantages for you:
1) Wonderful landscape
2) Plenty of fun and good for you and for the environment
To Pragser Wildsee Lake
Route: Wherever your start: The gentle Pragser Tal Valley cycle path runs through Pragser Tal Valley to Schmieden. The last stretch is along country road 47.
Please note: It is not possible to cycle around the lake!
Duration & Difficulty:
From Schmieden to Pragser Wildsee Lake: approx. 45 minutes – 300 meters elevation gain
From Monguelfo or Villabassa to Schmieden: approx. 35 minutes – 100 meters elevation gain
Bike Store | +39 0474 70050
Further bike hires in the region can be found here.
On the Brennero Motorway A22 (toll road) take exit Bressanone – Val Pusteria, then continue on the national road (SS49-E66) to the entrance of the Pragser Tal Valley. The provincial road 47 takes you to the Pragser Wildsee Lake. Distance from motorway exit Bressanone – Val Pusteria: approx. 60 km.
Please note: All Italian motorways are toll roads, Austrian motorways can only be used with a toll sticker (Vignette).
You can also get to us via Lienz in East Tyrol (A), by crossing the Austrian-Italian border on national road (B100-E66). Travel from Southern Germany via the Felbertauernstraße road.
Road conditions and traffic information centre Bolzano: phone +39 0471 200198
At the Pragser Wildsee Lake are paid parking lots.
General Terms and Conditions of Business and Sales Summer 2020
These General Terms and Conditions of Business and Sales contain the contractual regulations for the purchase and use of tickets and bookings concerning the following services in Pragser Tal Valley for summer 2020 and especially for the period from 10.07.2020 to 10.09.2020a) Booking and payment shuttle Monguelfo – Pragser Wildsee Lake (route 439) and Dobbiaco/Villabassa – Pragser Wildsee Lake (route 442)
b) Booking of car parking at Pragser Wildsee Lake
c) Booking of tables in participating restaurants in Pragser Tal Valley
- The Tourist Association Pragser Tal Valley acts on behalf of and with power of representation for the individual companies that operate the shuttle services, car parks and restaurants (the Clients), which are exclusively responsible for the operation of the respective facilities and related services. These service providers, together with the users, are therefore the sole and exclusive contracting parties to the present contract, in which the Tourist Association Pragser Tal Valley is not a party. For this reason, any liability of said Tourist Association is excluded.
- The bookings and tickets as described under point 1. are generally not personal and therefore transferable, but commercial sales of the same by third parties is expressly excluded. The set upper limit for the purchase of tickets and bookings cannot be exceeded under any circumstances.
The bookings and payments according to point 1. are processed as follows:
a) Booking of and payment for shuttle services:Booking and payment of the shuttle services is carried out via a separate online form, available on the homepage of the Tourist Association Pragser Tal Valley at www.prags.bz.
Payment is only possible via the payment service PayPal; all revenues are forwarded directly to the service provider (mobility consortium).
b) Booking of and payment for car parking at Pragser Wildsee Lake
Booking of and payment for the parking spaces, including the access permit, is carried out via a specially created platform, which is not under the control of the Tourist Association Pragser Tal Valley https://app.openmove.com/agency?id=rnYgwRXYsASH5F6Ti. Payment is only possible via the payment service PayPal and by credit card; all revenues are forwarded directly to the respective car park operator.
Car parking can be booked up to the day before the car park will be used.
C) Restaurant table bookings
Table bookings and related payments are carried out via the homepage of the Tourist Association Pragser Tal Valley at www.prags.bz.
Payment is only possible via the payment service PayPal; all revenues are forwarded directly to the respective service provider. The relevant information is available from the GuestNet information channel.
The respective service providers ensure that all necessary information (photos, logo, dates) are sent to the GuestNet information channel.
The respective service providers also ensure that the daily capacities are not exceeded and that bookings are closed at the right time.
Where the service providers also accept telephone bookings, it is entirely their own responsibility to obtain the necessary access permit.
- If the listed tickets and bookings are not used after payment has been made, a refund of the corresponding amount is expressly excluded. Any deposit made will also not be reimbursed. In any case, the purchase of the aforementioned tickets and bookings is not subject to the right of withdrawal provided for by the Consumer Protection Act (G.v.D. no. 206/2005, art. 47 and 59).
- The service providers are not responsible and liable for the consequences of unauthorized actions of users during their time on public transport, in the respective car parks, as well as in the facilities around and at Pragser Wildsee Lake. The rules of conduct displayed in the respective locations must be followed at all times.
- At the request of the relevant personnel, tickets and bookings purchased online must be presented and user identification must be permitted.
- Any misuse in the use of the tickets and bookings is immediately followed by their withdrawal, cancellation, or suspension of their validity. Any misuse can be prosecuted by the courts: the right is reserved to take legal action, with any action necessary to establish the criminal (e.g. fraud – art. 640 of the Italian Penal Code) or civil liability of the offender.
- Tickets and bookings that have been unused or partially used, withdrawn, cancelled or whose validity has been suspended will not be replaced or refunded. Tickets and bookings which cannot be used or redeemed due to force majeure are also excluded from a refund.“Force majeure“ is defined as any event that could not be foreseen by the service provider, or in any case could not be avoided by exercising due diligence. Examples are: War or warlike conditions, riots, civil wars, terrorist attacks, natural disasters, nuclear accidents, fire, storms, interruption of communication channels or interruption of the supply of electricity, gas or water, which are not attributable to the operator, strikes and any events which are not within the service provider’s sphere of influence
- The prices for the purchase of tickets and bookings may be subject to change due to fiscal, monetary, economic, or social measures.
- By purchasing and/or using the tickets and bookings referred to in point 1, the user declares that he/she is aware of these General Terms and Conditions of Business and Sales and accepts them in full. These Terms and Conditions of Business and Sales can be found on the website of the Tourist Association Pragser Tal Valley at www.prags.bz.
- In case of ambiguities and differences between the different language versions, the German version of the General Terms and Conditions of Business and Sales shall apply.
- In any legal proceedings concerning the validity or execution of the contract of carriage or of these General Terms and Conditions of Business and Sales, Italian law shall be exclusively applicable; the place of jurisdiction shall be Bolzano.
The legal entity responsible under data protection law for the processing of your personal data on our website is the Tourist Association Pragser Tal Valley. Information on the Tourist Association Pragser Tal Valley can be found in the Credits. Whenever this data protection statement refers to „we“, „us“, „our“ or the like, it refers to the Tourist Association Pragser Tal Valley.
Your personal data are in particular
– Your master data (surname, first name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth) and language
– The data on payment method and those required for making payments (e.g. credit card data)
Legal Basis and Duration of the Processing for Bookings
Providing personal information within the framework of bookings is necessary because otherwise, the agreed upon services cannot be provided. The legal basis for the aforementioned data processing is the fulfillment of the agreed upon services for which the party is the affected person or else for which the processing fulfills a legal obligation (Art. 6, Sec. 1, subsec. b and c of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The data are processed and/or stored until they are no longer applicable.
Data that We Collect Automatically
When you visit our website (or apps), it is possible that we process some data automatically. This possible data could include: the IP address, date, and time of your visit; your hardware, software, and/or browser type, the operating system of your computer, the version of an app, your language settings, and information about clicks and which sites you visited. If you use our services with your mobile device, it is possible that we process some further data: the type of your mobile device and operating system, device-specific settings and properties, your geographical location, information about app crashes, and other system activities. The legal basis for this processing is the fulfillment of the agreed upon services or the technical necessity of the processing or of our legitimate interests, namely, traceability and optimization of our services, whereby the interests or basic rights of the affected party do not take precedence (Art. 6, Sec. 1, subsec. f of the GDPR). Within the context of the latter legal justification, the affected person has a right to object with an interest taking precedence; for details, see the rights of the affected party below. The data are processed and/or stored until the cited purpose is no longer applicable.
Processing Partners, Recipients
We process your personal information with the support of processing partners which support us by providing our services (such as web hosting, e-mail newsletter distribution, etc.) These processing partners are obligated to strictly protect your personal information and may not use your personal information for any purpose other than providing our services. Furthermore, your personal information will only be passed on to service providers that are typical within business such as banks (if you receive money transfers), tax advisors (if you are part of our accounting), distributors (if you receive mail from us), etc. which, on their part, are subject to the provisions under privacy laws.
Booking form restaurant booking
With the exception of the credit card number, the data entered as part of the booking process will be forwarded to the restaurant concerned at the time of booking, as they are essential for the performance of the service.
Booking form bus tickets
Personal data entered will only be used to generate the ticket and will not be saved or processed further.
Changing Cookie Settings
Cookies On Our Website
Our website uses the following cookies:
- fr, Source: .facebook.com. Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.Valid for 3 months.
- test_cookie, Source: doubleclick.net. Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.Valid for 15 minutes.
- _gat_parent, Source: Google. Functional Cookie from Google Analytics.Valid for this Session.
- _gid, Source: Google. Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.Valid for 1 day.
- _ga, Source: Google. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports.Valid for 2 years.
- hl, Source: hospitality.guestnet.info. Stores the redirected languageValid for 1 year.
Deactivating Google Analytics
It is possible to prevent our website from collecting your user data by activating the “Do Not Track” function in your web browser. Your web browser will then send a “Do Not Track” signal to all websites, including ours. You can prevent all websites from collecting your user data by downloading the following extension and installing it on your computer: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en You can prevent only our website from collecting your user data via Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This places an opt-out cookie on your computer, which prevents data being collected from you if you visit this website again. Deactivate Google Analytics
Deactivating Google Remarketing / Adwords
Deactivating Facebook Pixel
It is possible to prevent our website from collecting your user data by activating the “Do Not Track” function in your web browser. Your web browser will then send a “Do Not Track” signal to all websites, including ours. You can prevent this website from collecting your data via Facebook Pixel by clicking on the following link. This places an opt-out cookie on your computer, which prevents data from being collected from you if you visit this website again. Deactivate Facebook Pixel
Some pages of our website have buttons which allow users to share the content on social media platforms such as __SOCIAL_MEDIA__. These buttons have been designed to protect personal data. The script (computer programme) behind the buttons does not collect or process any personal data. Detailed information on the function of these buttons is available from Heise Verlag, the company which publishes the IT journal c’t and is also responsible for developing the buttons. Website visitors who wish to share our website can click on one of these buttons. They will be forwarded to the “share” page of the respective social media platform. Only there will the scripts be loaded which are needed in order to share the content of the website. This sharing of information is subject to the terms and conditions as well as the data protection provisions of the respective social media platform. For more information visit: __SOCIAL_MEDIA_LINKS__
Server Log Files
For the purposes of technical monitoring and increased security, this website processes the following personal information in a server log file. This processing is based on the principle of overriding legitimate interest of the person/company responsible (technical security measures).
- content accessed
- date and time the file was accessed („time stamp“)
- browser type and version
- operating system used
- site from which the file was accessed (“referrer URL”)
- IP address
- host name
The IP address is going to be anonymized.
Our administrative, technical, and physical security measures are continuously being improved by us to provide protection of your data against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or change. The security measures include firewalls and data encryption as well as access control to shared information:
Your Affected Rights
You have the right to information on which personal information has been collected and, under certain circumstance, to request that this information be corrected or deleted as well as to limit the use of your personal information. If the processing of your personal information is based on your consent or an agreement which has been concluded with you, you also have the right to request that this data be sent to you. You have the right to withdraw any consent you have given for your data to be processed. This withdrawal of consent shall have no impact on the legality of data processing activity up to the point in time when consent was withdrawn. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of direct advertising or with a predominantly legitimate interest. In that case, your personal data will no longer be used for direct advertising. For the exercising of your rights as an affected person, please consult the contact information that is listed at the very to of the Declaration on the Protection of Personal Information. Furthermore, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Privacy Protection Authority, specifically in:
- Germany: Deutsche Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit, Husarenstr. 30, D-53117 Bonn, email@example.com
- Austria: Austrian Data Protection Authority, Wickenburggasse 8, A-1080 Vienna, Austria firstname.lastname@example.org
- Italy: Il Garante per la protezione dei dati personali, Piazza di Monte Citorio 121, I-00186 Roma, email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
The editor and webmaster responsible for the planning, implementation and maintenance of the internet content as well as for the administration of the domain: www.prags.bz
Tourist Info Pragser Tal Valley
Braies di Fuori 78
Tel. +39 0474 748660
Fax +39 0474 749242
All content found on the website www.prags.bz is copyrighted by law. All rights, including translations, are reserved. Without the express written permission of Tourist Info Pragser Tal Valley, users are prohibited from making copies or reproductions of any kind through paper or electronic means of information contained in this publication and delivered via this World Wide Web server.
Registered trademarks are the property of their respective legal owners. Other brands and names are the property of their respective owners.
Layout / design / technical implementation
Marketing Factory GmbH
Manuel Kottersteger, CMP GmbH, Rocky Mountain, TVB Hochpustertal – J. Rushforth, Harald Wisthaler
LEGAL NOTE ON HYPERLINKS: the sole responsibility for the content of websites linked to lies exclusively by the author of the linked website. The author therefore clearly states that the respective websites were free of any illegal content at the time of linking. The author does not have any influence on the current and future design, nor on the contents of the recommended websites and useful links.
According to EU Regulation Nr. 524/2013
Mandatory information according to the EU-Regulation N. 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council
Platform for online dispute resolution for consumer disputes (ODR) to the European Commission: